Thursday 15 August 2019

Wiki 4 o te whakangungu DFI - Digital Fluency Intensive


Wiki 4 o te whakangungu DFI - Digital Fluency Intensive

Ānei ētahi o ōku kohinga mahi no te ngā mahi te rā nei.


  • What did I learn that increased my understanding of Manaiakalani kaupapa and pedagogy?
The digital world has changed so much in the last almost two decades. Dorothy's talk this morning about Y2K and the panic of the unknown at that time, especially around technology and literally 5 years later we had things like YouTube, Twitter, Facebook being brought into our lives. These things were created with slogans attached revolving around sharing, and I'm sure back then (14 years ago...) it seemed like such a way of over-sharing. It made me think of how I was sharing my work at school at the time, and I would have mainly all be hypothetical scenarios of an audience seeing my work, not any real audience, other than my teacher. Technology and the world have changed so much since the early 2000s so it makes absolute sense that share is a big part of our children and students education journey. One of the slides from this mornings talk with Dorothy really made sense to me and helped to consolidate the importance of share:


Share to finish learning. Although learning is usually considered finished when its time to share, there is actually still learning to be had with interacting with others or hear what others think of your work. 


  • What did I learn that could improve my confidence, capability or workflow as a professional?
GOOGLE SITES! I'd love to be able to organise a lot of my classroom planning and learning on Sites, just because its a lot more appealing to the eye. I would take a long time though to add all the links and bits and pieces. Looking forward to setting a Sites page up for my classroom!

  • What did I learn that could be used with my learners?  

Multi Modal. Just wow! It's not something I would use every lesson or something like that, but definitely at the beginning of a unit to get engagement from the students and even referring back to this during and towards the end of the unit.



Ānei tōku Multi Modal Site i hanga i runga i ngā whakaaro i puta i waenga i a mātou ko Taramea, ko whaea Chaka. Ko te aronga ko te "Storytelling". I kōrerohia mo ngā tini pūkenga o Ngai Māori ki te whakaputa i ngā kōrero o ngā tūpuna, me pēhea hoki e whakahīkaka i ngā tamariki ki ngā mahi nei.

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you Hinewa, an authentic audience is critical to giving our students purpose for putting in the mahi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's crazy to think how much things have changed since Y2K! You are right, creating a class site can take time, but it's such a wonderful way to share the learning with students and whanau!
    I look forward to seeing where you get to with our next session on sites tomorrow.
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete

Te Wiki Tuawhitu - Week 7 DFI

Ko te kaupapa nō Manaiakalani ka aroa i tēnei rā ko te "Empowerment". He tino kaupapa tēnei i kōrerohia, i wanangahia. Ko te whak...